Family Day is a day dedicated to spending quality time with loved ones. It’s an opportunity to create new memories and strengthen relationships with family members. If you’re looking for fun activities to do with your family, here are a few suggestions that you can consider:
- Have a picnic in the park (weather dependent) – Pack a basket with your family’s favorite foods and drinks, grab a blanket, and head to the nearest park for a fun picnic. Play games like frisbee, soccer, or just relax and enjoy each other’s company.
- Visit a local museum or art gallery – Get cultured by visiting a local museum or art gallery. There is something for everyone, and it’s a great opportunity to learn and have fun together.
- Go for a hike – Get outside and explore nature by going for a hike. Whether you’re a seasoned hiker or just looking for a leisurely walk, there are trails for all levels.
- Bake or cook together – Spend some time in the kitchen and bake or cook something delicious. Not only is it a fun activity, but you’ll also end up with a delicious meal to enjoy together.
- Play board games or video games – Have a game night at home. Dust off those old board games or pop in a video game and have fun competing against each other.
- Have a movie marathon – Choose your favorite movies, make some popcorn, and snuggle up on the couch for a movie marathon.
- Volunteer together – Give back to your community by volunteering together. It’s a great way to bond and make a difference in someone else’s life.
- Have a family photo shoot – Hire a photographer or grab a camera and capture memories by having a family photo shoot. You’ll have cherished memories to look back on for years to come.
- Family Ski Day – Strap on those boots & skis and make it a winter ski day like no other.
- Sign up for Summer Camp!! – Visit us at royalsoccer.com to register or for more details about our program, rates and discounts, and more!
No matter what you choose to do, the most important thing is to spend quality time together. Family Day is a day to celebrate the bond and love between family members, and the memories you create will last a lifetime.
Making the most of your day
Sure, you might be in lockdown but its still a good idea to go outside to get some fresh air, even if its just outside your front door. When the sun is out even just a little bit your mood will change drastically. Setting aside some time to go outside to get some fresh air is one of the most important aspects of keeping your mental and physical health. Consider:
Walk your dog
Go for a walk/run
Make time for friends
Even though you may not be able to see them in person, there are so many other ways you can continue interacting with your friends. Whether it is setting up a Zoom or Facetime call just to catch up on what one another has been up to. There are endless opportunities when it comes to virtual hangouts such as:
- Netflix party (put on your favourite movie)
Complete a puzzle/ Play a Board Game
Completing a puzzle or playing a board game with family is another great way for you to focus your energy on something other than our electronics. Games and puzzles have many benefits such as improving your memory and problem-solving skills. Whether the puzzle is 50 pieces or 300 pieces it is a nice enjoyable activity for the whole family so share.
Read a Book
The ‘art’ of reading a book for fun has been lost in recent generations. Reading is usually one of those tasks, many of us say we don’t have time for. Well during a winter lockdown, this is the perfect time to find a few books you have been wanting to read. Whether you are interested in fiction or non-fiction, any book with a comfy spot in your homed will do the trick.
Practice some soccer “skills”
Making time to improve your soccer skills will benefit you in many ways. Practicing will increase your speed, perfect your technique, and get some exercise in while doing it. Find a small space in your home, look up some soccer indoor skills video on YouTube, or Instagram and get to training!
Once holidays are over and we are on to the new year, we often forget to think about what we will be doing for the upcoming summer…despite this pandemic situation. Well, time to start thinking about it. Look no further as we have the perfect summer job for you…working at summer camp…and its probably one of most rewarding jobs out there. Here’s why:
- Regular Hours/Routine
As we all know camp runs during the two months of summer when the children are on summer school break. Camp allows you to work during the day and have your weekends and nights off. Knowing your schedule weeks in advance makes it easier to arrange plans with friends and family during your days off.
- Work Outside
Nothing is better than working outside during the summer months. After such a long year of being ‘captive’ inside, whether due to health guidelines, school or other, its liberating to be able to work outside in the fresh air all day. Work outdoors at a summer day cannot sound more appealing.
- Work with Children
Having the opportunity to work with children during the summer just sounds like endless fun. Kids keep you young! Not only will you gain so much experience to add to your resume, but you’ll be able to learn how to engage with children of different ages and learning styles. You’ll be surprised not only how much you will learn about yourself working with children at a summer camp…but you just might find yourself pursing a different career path than you thought.
- Show your flare!
Working at camps gives you an opportunity to show your creative side. While most programming is often prepared for you, the best camps allow some flexibility to incorporate the creative strengths of each of its staff members. There is nothing like sharing one of your cool ideas or experiences with the next generation.